Monday, November 25, 2013

I Wrote a Thank-You Note

As I reflect on my days in college, I often think about my time in a literature class. It was a class I had to take, and the teacher was one that had a reputation for being harsh, as well as a difficult grader. But you know what? I loved the class! It was my second most favorite class (next to Birds of Prey). The professor really invested in me. She listened to me and made me feel important. She graded my papers harshly, but also gave me a lot of positive and constructive feedback. She listened to me and made me feel important. She was a great teacher. So you know what I did? I wrote that professor a thank-you note... two years later. It felt awesome to encourage her and to thank her. I really felt good about it and I wanted her to know how much she impacted me. Yet the most rewarding part of the situation is knowing that this simple note will bring a smile to her face. It also brought a smile to mine.

So, you wanna make your day better AND someone else's day better?
Send 'em a thank-you note. You'll be glad you did.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment